Thursday 17 July 2014

Tick Tock

Time. What is time? Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years or is it something even more complex? Time is something that honestly amazes me. Time is what our lives and our day to day routine naturally runs around, it's such a normal everyday thing. Yet time is something so complex that it's impossible to understand or ever ever get back.

As a human race, I believe that we honestly don't treasure the time we have enough. The average human in the UK has a life expectancy of 81 years old which is 872 months or 4226.37 weeks or 29,584.6 days or 710,034 hours or 42,602,040 minutes or 2,556,122,400 seconds (if my calculations are correct). The weird thing about the average is that it includes those who live to well over 100 in the UK yet also those who die in the early years in their life. 

"You never realise what you had until it's gone" is a very common saying thrown about when a loved one passes away or a relationship ends etc. I think that this quote is very important. I think as humans we need to appreciate the time we spend with our loved ones, because there comes a day where that person might not be there anymore, and you'll regret the wasted time or the uncherished time. So, cherish that time you spend with your family, friends and your partners, anyone who you love. Because time is one of the most precious things that we have. But no one can get time back, ever. Tick tock.

Time is something so precious. Being 15 years old, time is something that can be difficult to manage when it comes to the dreaded exam time of the year, as it is for anyone who may have exams or a demanding job. After all, there's only so many hours in the day to do that homework, or cram that revision into or finish that essay. I must admit, I'm not the best at time managing, I struggle to get everything done when there's a ton of exams, or when teachers seem to pile the work onto you. But, I plan to get better at managing my time. I want to be able to organise my blogging and my exams and revision by the time it gets to my ridiculous amounts of exams at the end of next year.


How do you manage time well?
Alex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment