Friday 11 July 2014

Questions.. ~ Aveen

A question is a linguistic expression used to make a request for information, or the request made using such an expression’ - Wikipedia

Hey Everyone!

So my name is Aveen and I blog on my blog called 'The Random Life of Aveen' A random name for a random person I guess. I'm 17 (18 in September!) and I live in Ireland. 

So this week’s theme is ‘Questions’ I feel that you as the reader are probably asking a lot of questions whilst reading this blog post. Perhaps questioning why you clicked on this post in the first place as it just seems to be random sentences and paragraphs compiled together, making no sense to either you or me writing this. 

When you think about it, we spend most of our lives questioning things, until we find the answer. Once we find the answer, we slowly stop questioning what we did not know the answer to. Personally, the main thing I question is obviously the future. It’s something I wonder about an awful lot, particularly as my future is currently at a metaphorical crossroad as I near the end of my time in secondary school (Next June I'll be sitting the Leaving Cert) and ultimately prepare for deciding on a college course which will decide my ‘future’ and my career choices.

However we don’t only just question things in the future tense, although that's where most of my questions are lately. We question our actions in our past and present too. We all wish we didn't do foolish things in our younger years or even just ten minutes ago. You could be sitting in school or work, daydreaming and suddenly think of something awkward or embarrassing you did and just think ''Why did I do that?'' Something which is of a regular occurrence in my life. I was deep in thought just last week and had a mini 'flashback' to when I was a child doing embarrassing things. I practically cringed out loud and questioned why I did things as a child! The joys of remembering cringy events.. 

As you can probably tell, I'm not quite sure where this post is going, but questions are a huge part of our lives. We question everything, from ''What's for dinner, Mammy?'' to my personal favourite, ''What am I doing with my life?'' We spend our entire lives asking questions seeking and searching for the answers. As I previously stated, my huge questions at the moment, like many others, relate to my future possibilities which is always fun when you wake up at 2 am after having a dream of receiving your Leaving Cert results! 

However, we don't always find out the answers to all our questions and in all honesty, sometimes I think it's better for our selves to live in bliss or ''ignorance'' of the answer we were craving. We don't need to know every little detail of life, and if we did, I think it would be quite a painful existence. 

I feel I should probably leave this here, my feelings of nostalgia and ''deep'' conversations can become slightly wacky and stray in every direction possible. 
So I shall see you all next week! I genuinely hope you liked this blog post, let me know down in the comments! 
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx



No comments:

Post a Comment